TODO: check for slideshows before loading this else the AMP validator w
BOMB's Biennial Fiction Contest by
BOMB's Biennial Fiction Contest
Our fiction contest returns. We are pleased to announce this year's judge is Sheila Heti, author of How Should a Person Be? and Ticknor.
The winner will receive a $1,000 prize and publication in the fall issue of BOMB Magazine’s literary supplement, First Proof. All submissions will be read anonymously.
- Winner receives $1,000 and publication in BOMB Magazine.
- Final Judge: Sheila Heti.
- Submission period: May 1-31, 2015.
- Reading Fee: $20. Includes a free one-year subscription to BOMB.
- Manuscripts must be fewer than 5,000 words and consist of a single story.
- Include a cover letter with name, address, email, phone number, and title of story; do not write a name on the actual manuscript, as all entries will be considered anonymously.
- Non-anonymous manuscripts will be immediately disqualified.
- Simultaneous submissions okay, but reading fee is not transferable.
- Story must be previously unpublished.
- Stories must be uploaded via Submittable.
- Email email@example.com with any questions.
The winner will be announced on July 31, 2015.