BOMB is pleased to open its 2020 Poetry Contest, which will be judged by the acclaimed poet Simone White. The contest winner will receive a $1,000 prize and publication in BOMB Magazine’s print quarterly.
This year’s judge, Simone White, is the author of Dear Angel of Death (Ugly Duckling Presse, 2018), Of Being Dispersed (Futurepoem, 2016), and House Envy of All the World (Factory School, 2010) and of the poetry chapbooks Unrest (Ugly Duckling Presse, 2013) and, with Kim Thomas, Dolly (Q Ave, 2008). Her writing has appeared in publications including Artforum, e-flux journal, the Chicago Review, and the New York Times Book Review. She teaches at the University of Pennsylvania.
-Manuscripts may contain no more than 5 poems and no more than 10 pages.- Submission period: March 4–May 3, 2020.
-Reading fee: $20. Includes a one-year subscription to BOMB for all US entrants.
- All submissions will be read anonymously. Do not include author name on manuscript pages. Non-anonymous manuscripts will be disqualified.
- Simultaneous submissions are permitted, but the fee is not transferable.
- Work must be previously unpublished.
- Work must be uploaded via Submittable.
- The winner will be announced on July 31, 2020.
Each year, BOMB hosts a literary contest to recognize the work of an exceptional writer (alternating annually between fiction and poetry), selected by a distinguished guest judge. Previous contest winners include Savannah Cooper-Ramsey, Marwa Helal, and Daniel Poppick.
Please feel free to email email@example.com with any questions.
Click here to submit. We look forward to considering your work.