Founded in 1981, BOMB has championed and encouraged the literary efforts of both established and emerging writers for more than a quarter century.
This year, our poetry contest returns with special guest judge Bhanu Kapil. She is a British-Indian emigrant to the United States and the author of five full-length works of poetry/prose: The Vertical Interrogation of Strangers (2001), Incubation: a space for monsters (2006), humanimal [a project for future children] (2009), Schizophrene (2011), and Ban en Banlieue (2015).Previous contest winners have included Daniel Poppick, Steve Dickison, Amanda Auchter, J.R. Thelin, and Matthew Reeck.
- Winner receives $1,000 and publication in BOMB Magazine.
- Submission period: March 31-May 31, 2016.
- Reading fee: $20. Includes a free one-year subscription to BOMB to all US entrants.
- No more than 5 poems and no more than 10 pages per entry fee.
- Include a cover letter with name, address, email, phone number, and title of poems. Do not write a name on the actual manuscript as all entries will be considered anonymously.
- Non-anonymous manuscripts will be immediately disqualified.
- Simultaneous submissions permitted, but fee is not transferable.
- Poems must be previously unpublished.
- Poems must be uploaded via Submittable.
- Email email@example.com with any questions.
- The winner will be announced on July 31, 2016.