Paper Clip is a weekly compilation of online articles, artifacts, and other—old, new, and sometimes BOMB-related.
1. The Smile Face Museum, a massive collection of smileys, was recently installed in a private residence in Brooklyn, NY, and though the exhibition is no longer open, the museum's catalog has been made available on its website.
2. “I Am A Big Fan of Your Work.” The platform Carets and Sticks ran an interview with conceptual artist Vanessa Place.
3. The Quietus ran an excerpt from Agata Pyzik's new book on deep Polish post-punk.
4. Farrah Karapetian wrote an essay on the minimal and the performative in contemporary photography.
5. Leo Robson, in The New Statesman, on why Karl Ove Knausgaard's honesty resonates. Rose McLaren's essay in The White Review suggests that My Struggle's innovation is its emphasis on subject rather than form, on life rather than text.